We suggest our lovely bridesmaids have themselves measured at their local dry cleaner or tailor. If none of these options are available, use a soft measuring tape and follow the guidelines below:
- Always measure over undergarments for the most precise information.
- Hold the tape measure close to the body but not too tight. Allow a finger's width between the body and the tape. too tight. Allow a finger's width between the body and the tape.
- BUST: Measure the fullest part of your bust. Be proud!
- WAIST: The tape should wrap around the waist at the same level as your garment's waist. THREAD dresses are high-waisted (the level of your navel) while our skirts are meant to sit slightly lower. Don't suck in! Be comfortable.
- HIP: Measure the fullest part of your hip. Girls, this is your least favorite area.
- THREAD LENGTHS:
Threads KNEE LENGTH dress measures approximately 25 inches from the waistband on a natural waist dress.
Threads TEA LENGTH dress measures approximately 30 inches from the waistband on a natural waist dress.
Thread FULL LENGTH dress measures approximately 45 inches from the waistband on a natural waist dress.
- Next, use our sizing chart to find your nearest THREAD size. Keep in mind that we have specially created these sizing formulas according to our dress patterns, so your THREAD size may not be the same as your usual size. If your measurements fall between two sizes, choose the larger size.
Suggested TailorsIn New York
6 East 38th Street
New York, NY 10016
65 Oak Street, 2nd floor
Chicago, IL 60611
In Los Angeles
139 S. Beverly Dr. #210
Beverly Hills, CA
840 North Fairfax Ave. (North of Melrose and close to Thread.)
Los Angeles, CA
1212 11th Street (South of Wilshire in Santa Monica.)
Los Angeles, CA
Thread is happy to sell fabric if you are purchasing a dress through THREAD. Fabric is $ 35 per yard. Fabric widths are as follows:
|Duchess Satin||59/60 inches|
|Silk Chiffon||44/45 inches|
|Silk Charmeuse||44/45 inches|
Dresses, Skirts, Tops
|CHEST||19||20 1/4||21 1/2||23||24 1/2||26||27 1/2|
|HIPS||20||21 1/4||22 3/4||24 1/4||25 3/4||27 1/4||28 3/4|